The External Evaluation of the Theatre Department, in the context of the related procedure of the H.Q.A.A. (Hellenic Quality Assurance and Accreditation Agency), took place from 17 to 19 February 2014.
The Committee responsible for the External Evaluation of the Department consisted in the following five expert evaluators:
1. Pr Charalampos ORFANOS, Professeur en Langue et littérature grecques, Université Lille 3 (President)
2. Dr Eleftheria IOANNIDOU, Lecturer in Drama, University of Birmingham
3. Dr Dimitris PAPANIKOLAOU, Associate Professor in Modern Greek, University of Oxford
4. Dionissis KAPSALIS, Writer, Director of the National Bank of Greece Cultural Foundation
5. Vassilis VAFEAS, cinema director
The External Evaluation procedure has been substantial and prolific. We are proud of the External Evaluation Report, and the Committee’s acknowledgment that the Theatre Department “is unique among the other higher education institutions on theatre studies and one of the most dynamic in Europe”, that it’s academic goals “are thoroughly served by the Program of Studies” and that its curriculum guarantees the students’ orientation, the function and coherence of the academic subjects, and finally, top learning outcomes”. Closing its Report, the Evaluation Committee considers “as the Graduate Program’s greatest advantage” its “artistic and theoretic polyphony, a wisely orchestrated polyphony”